Home2024-01-10T13:00:51-05:00
Cape Cod PATH Human Trafficking

WHAT IS TRAFFICKING?

Human Trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery that involves the exploitation of persons for commercial sex or forced labor

Cape Cod PATH What We Do

WHAT WE DO

We are a grass-roots task force working to end human trafficking (HT) and its risks in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

Cape Cod PATH Get Involved

GET INVOLVED

Click here if you would like to become an active member of PATH!

Human Trafficking in the U.S.

46%

Prostitution and sex services

27%

Domestic service

10%

Agriculture

5%

Sweatshops or factories

4%

Restaurant and hotel work

8%

Other

• Cape Cod Times

Cape Cod is ‘ripe for sex, labor, and domestic trafficking,’ says local survivor advocate

Asia Graves, a human trafficking victim advocate, bustled around the Health Ministry pantry on Nov. 20 to organize food donations. Graves, 35, moved to Cape Cod in 2022 and was impressed by the Hyannis nonprofit, which offers free food, health care clinics, and educational health and wellness classes — and a shower for anyone who needs it, Graves said. "Maybe if I had had access to services like this when I was growing up, I wouldn't have fallen through the cracks," said Graves, who was sex trafficked between the ages of 16 and 18. Graves, who lives in Hyannis, is now a member of the Barnstable Housing Committee and advocates for affordable housing on the Cape. Vulnerabilities such as a lack of affordable housing, food insecurity, poverty, family instability, physical and sexual abuse and trauma can all lead to human trafficking, she said, "even on Cape Cod."

Video about Cape Cod PATH and human trafficking on Cape Cod

Join us on Facebook

Big thanks to Deborah Swiss author of The Tin Ticket, for gathering the items for Children's Cove at her last talk at the Snow Library in Orleans. And thank you to all the people that came to Deborah's Talk and donated.A big thank you to Cape Cod PATH: People Against Trafficking Humans for their generous donation! The team at Children's Cove appreciate all that you do for our Cape Cod families. #childrenscove #capecodpath #donation #thankyou #capecod ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook
Save the Date!!! May 5th MMIP Awareness Day. ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook
Go to Top